December 27, 2012

보고 싶어요

Sometimes I miss Korea so much that my heart just aches. It's so difficult having a huge portion of your heart in another country. Those eleven months that I spent living in Korea changed me. There's no way to go through an experience like that and come out unaffected. 

I think of my sweet first graders faces, their eagerness to learn and their pride when showing off their work. My heart breaks when I think of my beautiful sixth graders, they had so much pressure on them but I like to think that our time together was a break for them, a time where they could just be themselves. 

I miss walking around Korea, I miss the shop owners who knew me because I frequented their stores so often, I miss the unexplainable excitement in the grocery store when a new "western" item was placed on the shelves. I miss so much about that country. I miss everything about it. I know that living there isn't in the cards for me again, and don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be home. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be, but there are days that my heart hurts because I'm not there. 

Korea, 보고 싶어요. 
(I miss you)

Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. Sometimes while living here I forget about all the things I love about it. Don't get me wrong, I love living here (we wouldn't keep resigning if we didn't!) but I think we have to take a step back, out of the day to day frustrations that happen, and remember all the reasons why we're here. I can relate to so many things in this post, the shop owners recognizing us, new western items to remind us of home. It's such a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Jess Novello 2016